Friday, January 23, 2015

Dear California ft. @NappyGeniusEnt



Dear California; 


Do you remember how you felt in 1992?? 

That moment you were ridin’ down Crenshaw or Sepulveda inhalin’ purple haze, eyes slightly low, Power 106 blaring through the speakers; and all of a sudden you hear Snoop Dog spew the illest lyrics alive….



“1 – 2 … 3 and to the 4, Snoop Doggy Dog and Dr. Dre ….”

Whoooo, the rush you felt just knowing this is something special. This shit right here son, this shit right here … is CLASSIC… and this is the music that birthed…."

THE COMMITTEE

Fast forward 13 years later, I am in the office suffering from a huge case of déjà vu; when friend of the blog, “Chan,” sends me what just might be the second coming of Snoop and Dre. I hit play and a drunken; cloud of elusive melodic transformation enters the office followed by the perfect off beat melody. I honestly can’t say if I am high or if this music has me in a trance, just when I think it’s the buzz of the purp it happens …. 















“BITCH I’M SO ANEMIC!!!! MAN THESE NIGGAS COLD..” 
just like that I am a fan. 

Exit cliche’ tidbits of wanna be rappers spewing pointless proverbial nouns over bullshit beats; enter B.Will and Sean Swift aka “THE COMMITTEE,” hip hops unknown powerhouse! Their self produced blend of West Coast drenched melodies coupled with cleverly placed metaphors, witty punch lines, and versatile blends only enhance my curiosity about the two from Inglewood. B.Will’s charismatic flow grabs your attention while Sean Swift’s animated flow engulfs you into the wonderful world of Nappy Genius Entertainment; its hard not to become a fan. This is good music, this is classic hip hop, this is what the game has been missing! Get acquainted.



Peep more of their sound here:



Follow them on Twitter here:









- Marco 
Marco is a California based freelance writer for VIBE, SPILLED INK, AND 411 Blog. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment